After many, many weeks of training we finally did it! I completed my first half marathon along with some awsome friends! Had I not been approached to try this I would have NEVER done it on my own! My dear friend, Jennifer asked if I would like to run it back this summer. I honestly didn't know if I could! My very first 5K had been back in the spring for Girls on the Run and I really liked it, but that was the absolute greatest distance I had ever taken on. I ran our first "long run" with Heidi, which was 4 miles and I seriously thought I might die. The more and more we ran though, the easier it got and the more I enjoyed it. We always did our long runs together and I really enjoyed them. It is nice to have such great running buddies. We were so proud to have completed our race!!! I am hoping to tackle another one this winter, but I have to admit, I have NOT been running nearly as much as I need to be! It was a neat thing to do for sure, and I am glad I can check it off my list!
The girls (and Daddy) made me a sign to cheer me on. Tybee thought it was neat to see me running with all of the other people. Hopefully these girls will be my running buddies one day.
No comments:
Post a Comment