Move in day was LOADED! We had about a thousand things happening at once- it was the girls' first day of school, which they were very excited about. We had been living out of suitcases for several days before then, so that meant sack lunches and crossing our fingers that we had two outfits that were clean and cute for the first day. We succeeded at both, thank goodness. After our sister-picture session, we headed off to school. Tybee was a little slow moving, taking in her surroundings and spying new friends. She went right into class like a champ and was such a big girl. I got a pretty little smile and wave before we took little sis to class. Amelia beebopped down the hall like she had been to school 100 days, walked in her room, handed her teacher her bag and said, "Shew this is heavy!" Her teachers happily helped her to her cubby and showed her to her activity. I got a quick goodbye before she jumped right in to the land of preschool. It was certainly an easy drop off, I think it helped that Tybee had been to school and knew what to expect. I could tell that she was being the big sister showing Amelia how to act. I was very proud of them both!
When I got home, we had already had the washer and dryer delivered and the moving truck had just pulled up with our things, and the Direct TV man was lined up to give us some much needed background noise (aside from the very loud empty house echos of our very loud girls' chatter). It was very exciting seeing our empty house fill up. We were definitely ready for our BEDS! I think we were all getting a little tired of air mattresses! Slowly, but surely the boxes were unloaded, TV's were plugged in, and our house started transforming into our home. Thankfully Mom was able to come entertain the girls after I picked them up from a great day at school. They enjoyed a long walk, ice cream, and a little playtime until the movers got finished and headed out.
The next few days were full of targeting boxes that harbored our "necessities" and getting them where they needed to be. Sometimes we just went into rooms and stared at things. Slowly but surely everything is finding a home. The boxes were a little overwhelming, and I don't think I sat down for a full week unless it was to go to sleep. We were so tired! I also learned how EXTREMELY A.D.D. I am! I couldn't take something into one room without starting on something in the room I was dropping off in. It was wild.
Things are settling down now, we are far from "done" with unpacking/organizing/decorating, but it is livable around here, and that's fine with me for right now. It will all get done in its own time. We are excited about digging in and really learning about the area and meeting some new friends, finding a new church, deciding on our favorite family dinner spots, etc. This is looking to be a fun year of changes!
No comments:
Post a Comment