Friday, February 20, 2015

Back to Blue

You may or may not have noticed that I never gave a good solid farewell post to Lexington.  Well, that's because I can't.  I just can't admit that "goodbye" is appropriate.  We made the kind of friends there that aren't just passers by, they are our extended family.  So, as you can imagine, sneaking in a trip to visit (although just for a day) made me ever so happy-but boy did it show me how much we miss them/there all at the same time!  
When we arrived we took a trip to one of our favorite spots, Josie's, for a little lunch, and had a MUCH TOO SHORT visit with buddies who may or may not have been exposed to the flu virus...so we were cautious and decided to wave and be happy with seeing each others' faces.  We headed over to the old neighborhood and were greeted by all of the happy faces of our friends in the hood!  I had tried to get Clay to honk the horn as we drove down the street, but to my surprise they were all already in the house we were headed to!  They had pulled off such a nice surprise shower for Ali and I!!!  It conveniently worked out that we were coming the same time they had planned to shower Ali and Matt for their new baby boy, so they pulled off a double shower for us without us even knowing it!  It was so great to see everyone and laugh and talk and catch up.  We definitely left with a full car of baby necessities and happy gifts, but wanting more time with everyone.

This was the picture I snapped before my camera battery died...Lovely cake made by Amanda for all three sweet little ones!  I should have more pictures from Ali to share soon!
Thanks to our Lexington peeps- we love you guys and miss you more than you can know!

No comments:

Post a Comment