I can't believe how soon we will be meeting our newest little girls! You would think that a twin pregnancy would seem to drag on, especially for the Mommy, but it has seemed to fly by! I am guessing it is mostly because we have had a lot of new things take place beginning the same time as this pregnancy did, and the fact that term for a twin pregnancy is 4 weeks sooner than that of a single baby. Either way, we are getting CLOSE!
We are in the process now of sanitizing bottles, washing clothes in Dreft (and removing those mystery baby stains- where DO they come from??), cleaning old baby toys, and washing loads and loads of blankets, burp cloths, seat liners, sheets, and anything else I can disconnect and clean. I am thankful that we are close enough that it is easy for Mom to ride up and let me boss her around, it is really nice.
We still have a few things to do before the nursery is complete, but nothing that is really stressing me out. Once it was painted, the crib was put together, and the curtains were hung, I felt better.
Another project in the works is making some sort of identity anklet for the tiny ones. I am not sure that I want to rely solely on nail polish colors to keep them apart. Hopefully we can fashion something that is soft, small, and safe, but helps us know who is who (for sure).
Although we still have several things to do, I feel like hitting 30 weeks was the- "ok, for real y'all, they're coming" point for us. We went to a multiples class last weekend (2 days, 4 1/2 hours each!). We had been to one before we had Tybee, but thought a little refresher would be nice, as well as the new information about twins, mostly concerning how we get them here. We both felt more prepared when we finished. There are just a lot of the things you forget, and with there being a little more uncertainty about delivery this time around, it is nice to know what to expect in all of the different scenarios.
We are all getting anxious to meet the girls, but still need them to stick it out until the end. The last couple of weeks are proving to be more uncomfortable in getting around and sleeping, but if that is all I have to deal with I am a lucky girl! Right now I am measuring a regular 36 week belly (at 30 weeks)...makes me wonder what the actual 36 week belly will look like. It's kind of scary.
Please keep us in your prayers for a healthy, full term pregnancy. We have definitely felt the ones that have been sent up so far- the Good Lord is the only reason that we have all done so well this far, and we are so grateful for these little lives.
5 weeks
12 weeks
20 weeks
21 weeks
Tybee and babies 21 weeks
Amelia and babies 21 weeks
22 weeks
24 weeks
26 weeks
27 weeks
28 weeks
29 weeks
30 weeks
No comments:
Post a Comment