Sunday, August 21, 2011

Meet Amelia

I am so excited to introduce to you Miss Amelia Clare Morton.


Born August 16, 2011 at 4:25


7lbs. 6oz.


19 inches


The story: We had anticipated that Amelia was on her way due to the way I had been feeling combined with the massive amounts of wives tales we tried to encourage her arrival. At our appointment on Monday my doctor checked our ultrasound and said she was good to go! I was dilated 3-4 cm. when I left her office that day and she anticipated that we would be ready to have a baby within the next day or so.


Tuesday Morning- My water broke. It was not a dramatic frenzy, we lined up our sitters, called our family, got ready and went to the hospital. I was having contractions, but they weren't hurting really yet. We checked into the hospital and were reluctantly lead to the recovery room on labor hall. Apparently it was the time to have a baby in Lexington because all the rooms were full! So there we sat in a room with 3 beds each the size of a canoe waiting for a room as contractions got stronger. Finally we were wheeled into a private room and ready to get going! My contractions were getting pretty uncomfortable and so I asked them to get that epidural lined up for me. To my dismay she brought some other pain meds which made me go completely loopy. Like, I was on drugs- it was wild. Finally that wore off, got the epidural, Mom got there, they checked and said I was ready to push. We waited on the doctor and 2 1/2 pushes later, we had an Amelia!!! You can call me the baby machine if you would like. I am so very blessed to have had two such easy deliveries. I am sure that Jesus loves me.


I am sharing lots of pictures, because lots of friends have asked for more. Please keep our sweet little family in your prayers as we tackle this next step in our lives. We are having fun as a family of four already!



Daddy and Amelia


Amelia and Mommy



Bobbi and Tybee getting their first look at Amelia





Tybee was checking her out! She knew who she was there to see, she pointed at her and said, "Millie".








Tybee looking for my toes.





Tybee and Poppie





Pointing at her little sister





The whole family :)



Tybee and her Bobbi and Poppie



Bobbi and Amelia



Nanee and Amelia





Grandy and Amelia





Poppie and Amelia





Getting checked out in the nursery



This baby LOVES to be swaddled! Tybee HATED it!





Tybee came to visit "Millie Baby" in the hospital every day.





She loves to give her kisses and nosies.








Ready to go home!





Tybee got to ride the elevator down in the wheelchair with me.





Safe in her seat, ready to go home and meet Hank and Tag.





Amelia's Great Uncle Ricky came up with Lee and Landon to see her. We were very glad he got to come. It was his first time to visit us in Kentucky.





For some reason when you really want a picture either Tybee or Lee will not let it happen. This was as good as it got.



Amelia with her Uncle Landon.





Tybee was the entertainment for our guests.





Tybee wearing her big sister shirt ready to go walking with Nanee.





Waiting at the doctor's office.





I just love when they are so wrinkly, it doesn't last long!



Amelia's first bath- followed by a VERY long nap :)





Mommy and Millie after bath time.




Snug as a bug in a rug.




So far Miss Amelia is a very good baby. I must note though that she has not quite "woken up" yet. She is pretty much up to eat and back to sleep before she is finished. She keeps her little legs folded and tucked up underneath her most of the time. Like Tybee, she sleeps with her hands at her face. We think she looks a lot like Tybee, with the exception of her BLACK hair and something about her eyes and eyebrows. There are several pictures of Tybee that look just like her though. She is a sweet little bundle and we are so glad that she is here. She fits right in our little family and we are so grateful to have her here.

No comments:

Post a Comment