Thursday, September 1, 2011

Props to the Big Man

Now that my newest sugar pie is 2 weeks old, I thought that it was about time that I gave a nod to the Good Lord for all of the things that are right in the Morton world. I am under no illusion that any of the wonderful things in my life are here because we are lucky, but rather because we are blessed. I can't even begin to express how grateful I am for the happy, healthy family we have. Not to mention the wonderful friends who have brought us food and gifts and just been there to make sure we were ok. I am so glad that I have found this sweet group of friends, you help more than you know!

Here are a few things that have been going on around here, we are doing quite well getting to know Miss Amelia. She had her 2 week check up and is 7 lb. 8 oz. 20 1/2 inches, and perfectly happy and healthy. I keep saying that I am waiting for her to have some flaw- but I think she may be a perfect baby. Tybee was a great baby, so I was sure I would get my payback with Amelia, but so far so good. We are enjoying getting to know each other and I believe that Tybee is comfortable with her place in the family. We have also started to slowly brave the outside world and that helps me tremendously! I am just hoping that we can keep the germs away as we venture out to Tybee's activities. Enjoy the pictures!


My Birthday cake, made by the husband :)

Tybee in Amelia's seat... baby steps.
The little snoozer.

An example of a time that I must choose my battles.

I must not cry over spilled Cheerios.

Aunt Katie wrapped Tybee up like a baby.
As you can see, she didn't complain.Auntie Katie and Amelia. Katie was a HUGE help when she came to visit! She really helped with Tybee and gave her all the attention in the world, it was wonderful! Thank you Katie!

Our first family outing- the arboretum for a walk.

I took the little ladies by myself today and Tybee got to work on walking beside the stroller. We stopped to take a break in the shade. Tybee is doing a good job as "the big sister".

No comments:

Post a Comment