Thursday, January 2, 2014

2nd Annual Mother-Daughter Camping Trip

We were so excited for out Mother-Daughter Camping trip this year!!!  We have such lovely friends that help put it together and make it such a fun experience for everyone.  As always, Melanie Mauer (a local amazingly talented photographer) captured precious moments with all of the mommies and their girls. I am so happy to have these pictures of my girls and I, they are just priceless!  This year we got to bring Miss Amelia along!!!  I was a little nervous that she wouldn't do well, but boy was I wrong!  She did a GREAT job!  She walked the whole way on the hike and was so sweet roasting her marshmallows and eating her s'mores!  Tybee did a wonderful job as big sister, showing her little the ropes!  I was glad to have both of my big girls with me this year! 



 





This was an awesome old furnace on the camp property that was really fun to explore- it was kind of hard to keep up with everyone.  There were so many little tunnels and doors.  It was really cool!





 
And time for bed!  I was worried that we were too loud...Amelia got a little excited about sleeping in the tent which brought on the second wind.  Sadly, Amelia fell asleep that night saying "poo poo" repeatedly until she finally gave up.  I was really surprised that Tybee was telling her to be quiet and didn't just join in.  Impressive, because I have to admit, it was funny.  They slept until about 5 the next morning and we loaded up in the dark and headed back to the house.  Camping trip success!  I think we will definitely be able to take another camping trip before this time next year!




No comments:

Post a Comment