Thursday, January 2, 2014

Tybee's First Day of Preschool

Totally aware that this blog post comes about 4 months after the fact, but I am a big believer in the phrase, "Better late than never".  So, lets catch up on the last four months!
 
Tybee started pre-school this year and is loving it!  She was very excited on the first day and walked right in and got busy.  I was so glad that she had been to a little summer art camp there!  She was very familiar with her classroom and several friendly faces at school!  That made it a lot easier.  She said, "I'll see you at lunch time!"  I was so proud of our big girl!
She has really awesome teachers and is excited to get up and go on school days.  We are learning lot about the independent side of Tybee.  It is interesting to hear what the teachers have to say about her when she is away from us.  She is apparently very well mannered and neat at snack time (which is a far cry from the Tybee we know and love).  At playtime she can (always) be found at the dollhouse.  Although she doesn't mind sharing with others who come along to play, she is happy to play on her own.  We reminded her after hearing this that it is good to play with other kids too and that if she wanted another buddy to play with to just ask someone to join her.  She said she liked to play by herself.  She always tells us now when she smiles, talks or plays with someone at school.  I guess she is reassuring us that she knows how to talk to get along with others.  She seems to have a few friends that she has warmed up to and likes to tell me what games and activities they did together at school.  She is also really proud of herself for mastering all of the playground slides without asking a teacher to catch her at the bottom.  They have a really awesome playground at school, and she was eager to show us at the school harvest festival how well she could maneuver it!  I am proud of her and the person she is becoming!  I can't wait to see how she blossoms the rest of the school year!
 







No comments:

Post a Comment