Sunday, June 8, 2014

Independence

This little girl has gained a slew of independence this spring.  I notice it every time we talk and I hear it in the conversations she has.  She is growing.  And not because of any push that I normally give her, this is her thing!  She LOVES to go outside and play in the top of her swing set by herself.  She no longer takes naps (lets pause here for a moment of silence for Mommy) so during that time, I encourage her (threaten her) to play independently while I get things done around the house.  She more than obliges (most of the time), she's happy playing alone- and what an imagination she has!  She gets SO wrapped up in her make believe world that she has no idea how loud she has gotten playing the different characters.  I have to constantly remind her that she is yelling or singing too loud while her sister sleeps, she tickles us.  I love watching her make her choices and seeing how she navigates through each new situation.  It has really been fun hanging out with her lately, she is a good little buddy- and becoming a much better shopping partner-bonus! 

One of her biggest accomplishments lately has been her mastering the swing!  That's right, folks!  This girl can go outside, hop on the swing and get to gettin'!  It just clicked one day.  She heard me telling one of our little buddies when to pump her legs in and out and started following along- the rest is history!  She is doing great!  Let me tell you if Amelia gets the swing figured out-I am a new woman!  We are definitely getting in an easier phase of parenting (in this regard).  I am thankful to have little accomplishments like these to remind me how blessed we are to have healthy, happy children.  Not only that but it reminds me to stop for a minute and really look at them and listen, really listen to what they are saying.  They are soaking up everything and becoming little people and I'm so happy to be such a big part of what they are becoming.  
Love you, my babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment