Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Chilly Chicago

So, after 9 months we thought that it was time that Tybee and I parted ways for a bit and let Mommy and Daddy get away for a while. Mom and Dad had planned on coming up for the weekend for the Equestrian Games and without much convincing, we talked them into keeping Tybee for a few extra days while we took off to Chicago. We have always wanted to go, but now we live close enough to drive, so it was really nice. Just a little warning- this is a long one!
First things first, The Sears Tower! Wow!

The first thing we did was take a cab over to the Cubs game.

He always blinks.
The rooftops right outside the stadium are rented out- it was really neat. They looked like part of it from inside. Good idea, I think.

Scoreboard- we got there a little early and it was COLD!!!

Pujols- I thought he was a bit into himself... he was good though.


I cannot remember this country singers name to save my life. He sang the National Anthem. If you know it, please comment and let me know!

James Denton (Mike from Desperate Housewives) sang "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" and threw the first pitch.

It was cold, but we were happy- CUBS WON! I think Clay was secretly rooting for the Cardinals part of the time too though...

Now on to the big city. The first thing we did Sunday morning was an architectural boat tour of the city. Here is a picture of the tour. We got a great view of the city from the river. I think this was our favorite.



Clay on the boat.

At the top of the Sears/Willis Tower



And here it is- Clay on the Sky Deck. This was CRAZY. A glass box hanging outside the building! WILD! Clay didn't mind it at all. I was not fond of the experience.


Sears/Willis Tower- you can see the sky boxes poking out.... see them?

And that is a drop! 103 stories!

Does that take your stomach??? It was neat seeing the other people out on the ledge.

I didn't really like the glass floor. Glad I did it, but heights make my feet hurt.


Clay in his happy place.

We went to see Rock of Ages. Really good music and super funny! I wouldn't recommend taking young children to this though...



Art Institute of Chicago

We got to see American Gothic, cool right? We got to see several famous paintings. There was a WIDE variety of art! We really liked the museum but we needed MUCH more time!




The faces on the fountain changed. This side was a girl when we walked by the first time.


The amphitheatre- it is wild. It almost doesn't seem real.


The middle of the bean- can you see our reflection???







So many pictures we took!


I thought it was really neat how all of the buildings reflected on the bean.




One of the last things we did was go to Navy Pier. It was really neat, but I think the fact that it was Monday and cooling off made it a little less crowded than usual. We got to walk around, take some pictures and ride the Ferris Wheel. We really got a good view of the city and the lake from up there.




Clay on the Ferris Wheel

We were up so high! I didn't like it when the bucket moved!


Bob Newhart and I discussing my experiences on Navy Pier.


View from our Hotel Window

We passed the Monday Night Football truck on the way home. The Bears and Packers played in Chicago for Monday night football.
We had a great time and Tybee and I did great away from one another :) Thank you, thank you to Mom and Dad for keeping her!

No comments:

Post a Comment