Well, we have made it to 9 months! I can't believe how quickly time has passed- in just 3 months we will be celebrating her 1st birthday! Everything checked out great at her doctors appointment, she is a whopping 18 lbs! Unfortunately, she had some doctor/nurse anxiety this time. She is becoming MUCH more aware of what and who is around her. I asked the doctor if it was ok that she didn't have any kind of a security blanket or toy (Clay thought this was such a silly question, but I wonder about everything). The doctor replied, "Well, you are probably her thing." Funny, huh? I hope that she doesn't become clingy- we are working on it though. We have left her in the church nursery twice so far (big deal for all of us). Tybee and I also go to "The Little Gym" every week. She gets to do all kinds of fun things and meet other babies. Here are a few pictures of Tybee doing some of her favorite things.
She has never really noticed her bows on her head, but lately she takes them off and tries to eat them. This will not fly- we must sport the bow...
She has mastered the top and bottom of the exersaucer :)
Tybee in her Alabama chair in her Alabama cheerleading outfit getting ready for the first game! Roll Tide!THING 1: Tybee can stand up by herself without holding on to anything for a short time.
THING 2: She wants you to see that she can do this, she often claps for herself while standing.
THING 3: She LOVES pictures in frames. I have put most everyone in our family in a frame and we review names many times a day. She has already said "Katie". Most of the time though she just points with her little index finger and says "pretty". This is another big thing she has learned in the past few weeks. Everything is pretty.
She is finally happy with eating table food. Before she had teeth it was very bothersome to her. She really likes blueberries.
She loves bubbles and wants to hold the bottle. Speaking of bottles she never really got attached to one, but we are done with them. She is very good with her sippy cup.
And for one of her newest tricks- throwin' the duece. That's right, Tybee's hand is most always flashing the peace sign. I don't know why, but the girl is just obsessed with peace. A future Miss America??? Who knows!?Once again, we are so very thankful for our little blessing and we are greatful for all the many blessings that God sends us every day.



1 comment:
They do grow up way to fast! She is such a cutie! Your dr is so right about YOU being her security. I am most def SC's. She wakes up in the middle of the night and all I have to do is lay down and she snuggles up.......fast asleep.
I know I don't have to tell you but enjoy every min!!
Post a Comment