This is just a little review of the first year of sweet Tybee. I can't even begin to explain how blessed we are to have her in our lives. I am thankful for every moment I have with her.
December 11, 2009At one year, Tybee can say lots of different words. Her first real word was "pretty" then shortly after came "bubbles". She now says a lot... Mama, Daddy, Tag, hey Tag, we think she sometimes says Clay :) funny huh? She knows what a deer is and says deer when she sees one (dee-a). If you ask her what a chicken says she will say bak bak bak. And she will also quack- but it is dack dack dack. Today, I was reading her the Night before Christmas and she said Ho Ho Ho...
January
She is a good eater. She likes her cream of wheat for breakfast with her milk. She will pretty much eat all fruits and veggies, but doesn't like to work too hard to chew... She LOVES her fig newtons :) and CHEESE!
She goes the minute I put her down in the morning. Wild Woman!
She loves to play and for the most part does so independently- even though I join in a lot.
She is into her new baby doll and carries around her stuffed animals and pats their bottoms.
March
She is still a good napper- she takes 3 a day on a normal routine (the last one is usually 30 min at its longest). She sleeps through the night and that makes her mommy and daddy very happy.

She is still a good napper- she takes 3 a day on a normal routine (the last one is usually 30 min at its longest). She sleeps through the night and that makes her mommy and daddy very happy.
AprilBath time is still a happy time for Tybee, she likes to splash and quack at her duck in the tub. She and her Daddy read a story every night after her bath and then she goes to bed. I am glad they get that time together without me.
Tybee loves her books, sometimes she just goes and flips through them by herself. She has started learning when certain words are coming up- like in Good Boy, Fergus she shouts CAT! before the cat comes on the next page. It's cute :) She will also say "bye bye" on the last page sometimes.
MayOne new thing she does is fake laugh. If she hears me on the phone laughing or people on TV, she will start laughing out loud (usually holding something to her ear like a phone).
JuneNo more crawling- ever! The child walks, and sometimes runs everywhere. She makes laps around our kitchen island (always touching the garbage can of course- ahhhh! drives me crazy and she knows!).
When I put a longer dress or poofy skirt (birthday tutu) on her she walks with her hands by her side slowly, like a princess.
I haven't really let her watch TV- I mean, I haven't really turned it off, but we don't sit down to watch. Mostly we listen to the music channel on the TV (Christmas music lately) and she will dance around to that. Lately though I will let her eat her snack in the living room in my lap and we will watch Olivia. She really likes that little pig :)
She is still in love with Hank and Tag, and they still are not so fond of her touching them. They don't mind her...you just never know when she is going to grab a handful of hair and pull. We have worked with her on this. While Clay and I were gone to Chicago, mom taught her "pat, pat, pat.." If you say that to her she usually is good.
Dancing baby- anytime she hears music she does the little squat dance. Lately though, she has added arms- it is special. You should have seen her when we walked by Abercrombie in the mall- full on dance mode- with serious face.
Since we live so far away I am always worried about her remembering everyone and not crying for me when I leave her- I don't want a clinger... She does really well right now though. She has her moments, but for the most part she likes new people. She remembers all of her grandparents and auntie and uncles when we have been away for a while. I have 2 shelves of pictures on our bookshelves with close family's pictures so that they stay fresh on her mind. I am also working on a little book with each of her family members with a little poem about them. We love the fam!
Again, can't even explain how thankful we are for such a healthy, happy family... The Good Lord has blessed us and we thank him. So here we go- life with a toddler begins :)






No comments:
Post a Comment