Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas: Before, Durring, and After

This post is really long.... just a warning. We had a great Christmas holiday! I put in a few pics from before Christmas of Tybee playing with her birthday toys. No child on earth needed toys less than Tybee this year! We tried to be smart about the gifts we got her so they would last through the year and be age appropriate. My plan is to put some gifts away at first and then trade them out through the year- otherwise it is just ridiculous!
We started our Christmas here at home with a nice family dinner Christmas Eve followed by Daddy reading the Christmas story from the Bible. We always used to do this at my Mimi and Grandad's house. Then we read the night before Christmas and off to bed. I didn't take any pictures of Santa's cookies :( Clay and I worked hard on Sugar cookies to take to Maw Maw Carvers and I got NO pictures of them!!! Just know, they were lovely.
Christmas morning was fun. Tybee didn't know what to think about all the toys. She got to play for a while here at home before we loaded up and headed to Boaz for Christmas at Maw Maw and Paw Paw Carvers. After that we did Christmas at Barb and Dave's.
The day after Christmas we headed to Mom and Dad's for church, but it was unfortunately canceled because of the "ice" in the parking lot... :( I really wanted to see everyone!!!
We had a nice Christmas lunch with Ricky, Danny, Mom, Dad, Lee, Landon, and Ryleigh.
That evening we loaded back up and went to Sardis for the Maw Maw Carolyn Paw Paw Don Christmas (tired yet?). We had a nice dinner with all the Morton's...then back to Gadsden.
We had lots of fun that night playing Buzz Word. Everyone played, even my other brother, Ross.
We left pretty early the next morning and back to Kentucky we are! Merry Christmas!

Tybee, standing on a box to reach the Christmas cards- she loves to climb on things now.

New thing- to carry two things at once, hands ALWAYS full!

Excuse me Mom, this is important...

My little helper.

Sleeping between stores on one of the many shopping trips before Christmas

Caught her red handed... she is not supposed to open that cabinet!

Talking to her bear while she flips through The Night Before Christmas

Playing with birthday toys

She thinks her turtle toy is funny

Loving on her Barbie

Listening to the animal sounds...

This was all her- I just took the picture.

She is so sweet with her baby doll.

LOVES the fridge farm!

The next few are a little out of order. Great picture of Lee and I at Mom's Christmas, he is a camera hog...

NaNa and Tybee

Lee, stealing the show again...This is the picture I got of Tybee with her Uncle Lee

Christmas Morning! Santa came!!!!

The first thing she picked up was the baby doll.
Not sure what to play with next...

Daddy, trying to teach her how to get out of the car. She has gotten better, but it was head first for a while...





Looking like such a big girl at her table and chairs.

She loves her baby

Playing with her stocking stuffer...

Hank and Tag, very upset by the geese flying by outside.
We got to Boaz in good time and were able to let Tybee play with her new kitchen at Papa Dave and Bobbi's house before we headed over to Maw Maw and Paw Paw Carver's house. Here, Tybee is sitting in the famous little pink chair like a little lady.

Tybee was a little sleepy, so her Bobbi read to her.

Jackson and Jennifer
Katie helping Tybee open her gift and giving me a look- I can't remember what I said... but I am sure it was funny :)

Opening presents

Clay had to help becuase I tie bows on everything...

Day after Christmas at NaNa and Grandad's

Isn't that a lovely smile???
Opening presents and playing

This is the best picture of Landon and I in a while. He takes such good pictures...
Hank was in the Christmas spirit!
Tybee copying her Grandad, they like to make silly noises together.
Snow baby
At Maw Maw Carolyn and Paw Paw Don's, she liked Paw Paw Don's tool box.

We had a very Merry Christmas! And hopefully have a Happy New Year to look forward to! Thanks to everyone who helped make it such a happy holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment