Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Derby Day

This time last year we had just moved to Kentucky. I can't believe we have been here a year! I will have to say that the winter was HARD ON ME! I never thought that I would get tired of the snow, but oh boy, did I get tired of the snow...

But NOW- spring has sprung and I am a happy mamma again :) There is just so much more to do during the spring, and we are soaking it up!

The Kentucky Derby was on Saturday and we got to enjoy a lovely Derby brunch/playdate with some new friends and stopped by Keeneland on our way home to place a bet or two. I have never been to the track when there was a race going on and there wasn't technically a race going on when I went this time, but they had the big screen on the races at Churchill Downs- so it was an exciting atmosphere. Clay got to go to Keeneland for the spring races, so he knew all about how to bet...I was LOST. All I knew was that I wanted to bet on Pants on Fire. So, we placed our bets and walked around...then Clay wanted to bet on one more. We almost left because of Smokie McSmokerson standing in front of us in line, but Tybee and I took another look around while Clay placed his final bet. We left and headed back home to get ready for a cookout we were having that night with some other new friends and their little girl to watch the Derby....and you won't believe what happened-

Clay's horse, the one he bet on LAST, won! Woo Hoo!

Needless to say we had a lovely Derby Day and look forward to more horse racing :) Good job, Animal Kingdom!


Tybee in her Derby Day outfit, splashing in puddles.


She wanted to stay outside and grill with her Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment