Over Memorial Day weekend Mom and Dad came to visit. It had been before Easter since they had seen Tybee so everyone was excited for them to come. We got to do lots of fun things and they got to see Tybee a lot. She was very happy to have them at her house, it was really cute.

Our first activity of the weekend was to go bet on some horses at Churchill Downs. Here,
Tybee and
NaNee (formerly
NaNa) are checking out the horses to see which ones they think will be the best bet.
Tybee's favorite part the whole time was when everyone started yelling at the end of the races. She would say "go, go, go!"


All the girls
Tybee helped her Daddy choose sometimes.


Overall, we had a really fun trip. We got to see several races and Mom is now a pro at betting (which may or may not be a good thing). I think she made $4. Clay did not do as well as he did betting on the Derby, and I am the most terrible horse-picker in all the bluegrass. But either way, it was fun.

Sunday we went to the Arboretum, we had only been one time before and I will have to say I was much more impressed this time.

This was the hottest day that we have had since this time last year. A beautiful day and LOTS of sunshine!

really cool dogwood tree


sweet girl

We took a moment to try to get some good pictures of
Tybee while we were out and about.

She performed well.

I was serious when I said performed.

I think I may put this in my purse just in case I need to smile.

Family picture time :)
We took a picture on the same bench last time we came with Aunt Katie...I was much thinner then.
Tybee with her
NaNee and Grandad

Grandad and
TybeeTybee calls him
Grangee...it's funny we thought she was saying Granny for a while.

Behold, the Cherry Pie. The whole story is that I made the mistake of thinking that the bag of cherries I bought was $3.49, when in fact they were $3.49/lb. AND they had pits! So I couldn't just feed them to the small child without any prep... this is where the plan for the cherry arose.

You should know that it was a "from scratch" recipe (except the crust, thanks
Pillsbury). You should also know that I would have probably messed it up if not for the guidance of Mom and Clay. APPARENTLY you can't follow recipes exactly because they try to trick you and lead you astray so that you never wan to cook again. So thanks Mom and Clay for your common sense.
And FYI: it was awesome! I HIGHLY recommend you make one for the 4th!
No comments:
Post a Comment