This weekend was quite wonderful. I have to start by telling you that I was STRUGGLING on Friday- we had a long night on Thursday so I was very sleep deprived and it had been a long week. Tybee had a really runny nose last week and Amelia had a little nose trouble too. That coupled with the fact that we were still trying to sort out a nighttime routine had produced a tired and sort of cranky mamma!
Mom and Barbara got here late Friday night to visit for the weekend. That night Amelia was wide awake when they got there with no concept that it was nighttime and that she should be asleep not being cute and googling at us. However, when we took her to bed she did a fantastic job of proving us wrong! After about an hour solid of mean-girl crying, sweet little Moo drifted off to sleep and did not wake up until 7:00!!! I cannot explain to you how good it feels to get more than 3 hours of sleep at one time. It was miraculous! I thanked the Good Lord several times on Saturday.
Saturday- with a tank full of energy we got ready and headed to Georgetown to have lunch and visit the Apple Festival at Evan's Orchard. We had a really fun time (lots of pictures to follow). And then back home we headed to watch the Bama game- Roll Tide! Our sweet mothers let us head out after Tybee went to bed and go on a DATE!!! Not that I don't love taking my girlies places, but it was super nice to say, "Morton party of two". Clay and I had a really good time out and about with one another and just hang out together. I really like him a lot. Thanks moms, we needed it!
Sadly, our happy visit had to end today. We woke up to our sweet Amelia who slept through the night once again (until 4 and then back down until 7!!!). We headed out for breakfast and then for a walk at the Arboretum (our new go-to place for walks) to look at the Birdhouses one more time. Tybee is really in to walking by herself and had a great time.
Thanks again Mom and Barb for your help and for the fun time! We love you!
FYI: These pics are in reverse from Sunday back to Friday...oopsy.
Tybee was tired at the end of our trip to the Arboretum
Tybee's favorite birdhouse, she loved the sun.
My Mom was working really hard behind the scenes for the smile in this picture.
Ok, not sure what this tree is- but it was SO neat!
I took a picture of the same tree back in the spring when it was a dogwood-looking tree. Now it is full of these berry-looking things. You can still see some of the dogwood blooms. It looks like it is strait out of Candy Land to me.
Enjoying our Apple Cider
Talking to the Kettle Korn man, learning how to make it.
Tybee got to ride the PONY!!!
She was a little nervous and held on to me for dear life the whole time, but she enjoyed it.
Under strict instruction from her Daddy, she was not however allowed to ride the camel.
Millie Moo doing tummy time.
Loving on her Daddy during the game.
No comments:
Post a Comment