I love to get in the floor and play with the girls. But there are times in my day when I need to do other things (not washing dishes or clothes is frowned upon). So, I have been looking for activities that the girls would enjoy and would leave us with a product of more than perfecting the newest Sofia the First song. Don't get me wrong, I love Sofia, but I just felt like we could have some other back-pocket activities to pull out when times were hard in the housekeeping department.
I made this activity our own based on things we had at our house. I found a few similar ideas on Pinterest. The girls had a really fun time. I had a ladle and set of small serving tongs for them to sort different sizes and shapes of "fuzzballs" and little gemstone rocks into the muffin pans. At times there was no rhyme or reason, but eventually Amelia began to get the hang of the tongs and Tybee had the fuzzballs sorted into color later on when Amelia left. They were occupied for quite some time, and as a result, our dishes from breakfast were clean :).
Of course, it wasn't a magical tool that transformed my little people into happy little bundles of perfectness. I had to go in a few times to manage the "tool swap" and when Tybee got over the activity the little fuzzballs became bees which were thrown ALL OVER the living room- but hey, we played basketball to clean them up and life was good again.
They change and learn all of the time- so a new activity is always refreshing (especially when the ground is covered in snow)!
No comments:
Post a Comment