Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Happenings

Last weekend, Clay headed to the Smokies with Lee, Landon, and Dad to go backpacking. I was jealous that I didn't get to go...but Mom came to visit and we kept busy. On Saturday Tybee got to show her NaNa how much fun she has at "The Little Gym". After that, we headed to Georgetown for lunch. You may have seen the article in Southern Living last month about Georgetown, KY and Fairhope, AL- I thought it was interesting that they were both in the same issue, given that we have lived in towns just next to each of them. We ate at the Lock and Key Cafe and Boutique (as recommended) and we were not disappointed! It was GREAT! After that we strolled through downtown and did a little shopping for some cute girl cloths for Tybee (and later, Miss Amelia). And yes, sweet baby two has a name now... Amelia Clare.
Much later that night we ventured (yet again) to Cumberland Falls to see the Moonbow in the light of the "supermoon".
We had a nice visit with NaNa and a full and fun weekend! Clay, Dad, Lee, and Landon had a good time too. Enjoy!

Downtown Georgetown

Courthouse

City Hall

The "Supermoon"
I was not able to get a picture of the moonbow...I don't have a tripod and don't even begin to think that I know how to set my camera to capture it. The pictures people were taking were actually better than what you could see with the naked eye. There were HUNDREDS of people there! We had to make our own park- it was wild! So between the people and the flashes on their cameras it was hard to see the moonbow or get your eyes adjusted well enough to see it. What I did see was the shape of a rainbow, but more colored like a cloud or haze off the waterfall. It was neat though.

Tybee was a trooper, but by this point she'd had enough.

Tybee and NaNa

We have been eating this pretty weather up!

If you need us, we'll be in the back yard!

1 comment:

Maggie Elizabeth said...

I LOVE HER NAME!! So sweet!!

Post a Comment