This post is devoted to the little things. On a daily basis I give someone, whether it be Clay, Mom, or one of my brothers an update on the girls followed by a silly anecdote of what they have been up to lately. Those are the little things that make up all the wonderfulness that is them, so I think it is important to make sure to keep up with these. Let's start with Joseph.
So, after we finally packed up all of the Christmas stuff last year, we left Mary, Baby Jesus, The Angel of the Lord, and a sheep or goat out of the nativity play set. Tybee was distraught that Joseph had been separated from his family. I explained to Tybee that he was fine and all of the heavy lifting/reorganizing bringing Joseph to his family would involve. I told her that next time Daddy went up in the attic that we would make sure to find Joseph.
ENTER FALL 2012
Time to decorate for Halloween, I am telling Clay what I want to go up/come down from the attic and Tybee starts flailing her arms and running around the house yelling, "Joseph, Joseph, Joseph! Daddy's getting Joseph!" Of course, we look at her like a crazy person until it dawns on me what my sweet precious child is loosing it about. I couldn't believe she had remembered for so long- or that she had made the connection, Attic=Joseph. I thought it was rather clever, so we just went ahead and brought the whole nativity down- why not?
On to the white sandals...
Apparently Amelia is a bit "ticky" about what shoes she will and will not wear. She firmly believes that wearing white after Labor Day is not an offense. We have actually worn these very white sandals WITH SOCKS in PUBLIC. Oh, the things I thought I would never allow...
We have finally had some breakthrough with a black pair of shoes and are working on getting her warmed up to the idea of some boots, but I feel she needs a bit more time as she acts like her feet are on fire when I attempt to add the boots to the ensemble. I'll have to keep you posted on this one.
The Pot of Grass
Aside from the can of olives she carried around for a couple of weeks, this is probably one of her more amusing attachments lately. She is so funny! She will go pick said pot up off of the table and carry it to the corner behind the table in the kitchen and sit down with it. I promptly respond with, "Amelia, go put that back." She immediately gets her little body up and bends back down to pick up her grass and waddles back over to the much-too-high-to-reach table and pushes the pot back on the edge where it teaters for a few seconds as she claps for herself. Of course, we all clap too. Then she turns back around, picks it up and we are off again. ALL. MORNING. LONG.
Funny little girl she is.
They are both funny, and fun loving, and loud. I love to watch their relationship with one another blossom. I love what they are becoming for one another.
These two are at the top of the list when counting our blessings. I am truly honored and blessed to have been given the responsibility of raising these two wonderful little people. I know they will do great things one day and I love them with all of my heart. Every day is not perfect, and we get ill and grumpy, and messy, but my goodness- at the end of the day, just looking at them and what they are is awesome.
No comments:
Post a Comment