It took me a while to figure out what in the world we were going to do about Amelia's birthday this year. I knew we would already have moved by her actual day, so we decided to go ahead and celebrate her with all of her buddies one last time in Lexington. It was well worth it! It was probably one of the most "thrown together" birthday parties I have ever done for the girls and it felt GOOD! I usually put way more hours in on decorations, this year it was about being practical- and I'm pretty sure the birthday girl and her guests didn't enjoy it any less!
If you know Amelia at all, you know about her love for cats. So we went for it with a cat themed party, complete with kitty ears! Miss Sarah from Candy Mountain Music came and led a FANTASTIC music time with the kiddos all about cats- it really made Amelia feel special! If you are in Lexington and haven't been to a class with Miss Sarah you are missing out! She is wonderfully talented and the kids (of all ages) love her!
We thought we might have a little rain during the music time, so all the kind mommy and daddy friends helped move everything inside while the kids finished up. Turns out it didn't rain, but I'm convinced if we hadn't moved things in it would have! We sang Happy Birthday and enjoyed cupcakes and snacks and played and played! It was a great time! So glad we got to give Amelia one last shin dig in her "Kentucky Home" as we now fondly call it.
Amelia is without a doubt our BABY! I have defiantly been a lot more relaxed with her than I was with Tybee. It is hard to believe she is 3years old!!! It has really flown by! Amelia is a snuggle bunny who loves to be loved. She is a people person and seems to be really good on picking up on what other people feel (and uses that well to her advantage). She adores her big sister, but absolutely holds her own- not really a follower, but easy going enough to go along with someone else's plan. She is fun and funny and we are having a ball seeing her little personality develop more and more. Happy Birthday Millie Moo! We all love you so much! We couldn't imagine a day without you!
No comments:
Post a Comment