Sunday, January 22, 2012

Tee-Tee in the Potay (already)!!!

I haven't pushed potty training, I really haven't, but I've talked about the potty a lot for a long time with Tybee.  Let me start by saying we are NOT potty trained and we may (or may not) have tee-tee'd only once in the potty at all.  ONCE.  With Daddy.  Boy did we celebrate it too!  As you can see, we started making an effort on the Wednesday before she finally did (or didn't) do it on a Saturday.  It is almost as though she knows how much easier it would make life on me if she would just use the potty and she's just not quite ready to give me that.  I don't know though, maybe it wouldn't be easier... who knows???  I have nothing to compare with... again, one time.
I'm really not that into putting a lot of effort into it and I know that sounds bad, but she is smart enough to know what she needs to do and is choosing not to, therefore why stress myself out?  Even though, as I read this I am clearly a little stressed by it...  She'll decide that she wants to one day.  My Mom has always said, "I don't know of any grown people walking around that are still wearing diapers."  She is a wise woman.  I'm already changing Amelia's all the time anyway- we just line them up and go ;).  It will happen one day... I hope.

1 comment:

Amber's Thoughts said...

Your Mom is right! Look at it this way; right now you can avoid most of the nasty public bathroom germs. Nothing worse than having to stop at a super gross gas station bathroom on a road trip because they cant even hold it for 1 more mile till the next NICE gas station....well, you get it. :)There are still perks to diapers! :) By the way, got just a smidgen jealous reading you gush about those sweet girls! Maybe one day.....

Post a Comment