Friday, June 8, 2012

Grapes, anyone?

Our grapes are showing out this year!  I am just hoping that they make it until we can eat them.  I am waging full on war with a nameless red-bird and a crew of aphids...

Bird plan: use fishing line to block airspace above grapes
Aphid plan: suds/soapy water

I am not sure if either of these will work, but they are both plans that hopefully will not harm us, my grapes, or those trying to stop me from eating my grapes.

I would appreciate any other ideas.  The most popular answer for the red bird has thus far been a red-rider, and I refuse to partake in the shooting of woodland creatures.  I will not shoot a bird's eye out.

Hank and Tag are doing a sufficient job with scare tactics against the birds, but these do not affect the aphids at all.  It also interrupts their 18 hour daily nap schedule...so there is that.



Tybee also makes her daily rounds to ensure that there is order on the grounds.
Anyone willing to offer their two cents on this matter would be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment