Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Pinterest Party!

Pinterest addict and party-lover that I am, I decided to throw a Pinterest Party.  Several of my friends got together and brought dishes that we had been wanting to try that we had pinned.  It was a great success!  I also think it was really helpful because we were able to tell one another what we would do differently the next time and taste the dish to see if we would like to make it ourselves.
The spread- I can't remember the names of all of the dishes, but I will do my best...

 Jennifer's Strawberry Quinoa
 Mandy's Cheesy Sausage Bites
Chocolate pie bites

 Herbed Cucumbers
Jenna's No-Bake Chocolate Cookies (vegan recipe)
 Angel Food Cake Petit Fors
 Heidi's Peanut Butter Brownie Bites
 This is something I was most excited to try and it worked!!!
You may have seen the shake bag homemade ice cream on Pinterest...
It was really easy, I put the ingredients in the small bag the day before and the ice and salt in the gallon bag were also ready to go.  When we got ready we just put the small bag in the big bag and shook.  I would definitely recommend this be done outside as my cheap-o gallon bags didn't hold up that well.  Overall, this was a success though!  We just stuck the ice cream bags in a solo cup and handed the kids a spoon- good to go!  And it was fun!
 Ice cream!
I think now that I know it works, I would have pureed some strawberries to throw in with the vanilla ice cream.  I also used 2% milk instead of the half and half it called for and it worked just fine.
 The buddies all had a great time playing together!  We were happy to have some new buddies to come play as well!



Yea for Pinterest Parties! 
Hopefully, we can make this a regular get-together!

1 comment:

brandon and jenna allen said...

It was so fun. Thanks again for hosting.

Post a Comment