Something, I think a book we were reading, brought up the subject of camping. Tybee asked if we could go. Clay told her that they would set up a tent in the living room and "camp out". She was FIRED UP! We counted up the days until we would do camping with her and she talked and talked about it until Friday night. We were a little bummed that we told her we would do it Friday night because of the Olympics, but we figured she would pass out pretty quickly (ha ha). One of the things she was most excited about was eating popcorn- so I am thinking she got movies and camping somewhat intertwined in her little head, but we went with it. We drug out blankets and pillows and made the best blanket-tent we could. Amelia even got to play in it for a while before she headed off to bed.
Side note- I had asked Tybee earlier on Friday if she was excited about sleeping in the floor downstairs and she said, "I'm not sleeping in the floor- we'll go camping and I'll sleep in my bed". Not exactly ready to rough-it, huh?
When little sister was all tucked in we settled in to watch Toy Story. You must know, Tybee is not a big movie watcher, so this was a first to just sit and watch a whole movie. She was SO excited to eat her popcorn and drink her hot chocolate and watch her movie. It had been a while since we had seen Toy Story, so we enjoyed it too.
After the movie, we had marshmallows (you know, to push her right over the edge). Clay put them on a chop-stick to keep with the camping theme :). This sweet girl played and played until LATE. We even watched the opening ceremonies together, win-win!
It was a fun night and a nice treat for Miss Tybee! She said her favorite part was playing with the lantern :). I am sure we will have many more of these little dates in the future.
No comments:
Post a Comment