So, this bookcase is one area of the house that has been a little neglected...
It was just one of those areas I didn't want to go- I mean, after all- it was a "book" case! I shouldn't feel distracted by the clutter and opposite facing, unbalanced, clash of colors and frames that were happening there, right?
So, I have ignored it for a very long time. In fact I really don't even think I saw it. I mean, I saw it, but it didn't bother me. Until the other day when I had to find a place to put the DVDs because the girls were absolutely going to destroy every last one of their movies taking them in and out of cases and trying to look through the pamphlets inside. So, busy mom that I am, I chunked those bad boys on the top outward ledge of that very bookcase that I had let slide for so long.
AND THEN I LOOKED AT IT...
Yuck, I thought. This needs work. So, the wheels of design began to turn in my head and I finally found a pretty and functional way to display the things we needed on our bookcase. And come to find out, there were a LOT of things we didn't need on that bookcase. I would have liked to have found a new home for the stereo, but in lieu of our regularly scheduled dance parties in our living room- I felt it needed to stay.
Check it out and see what you think!!!
BEFORE
AFTER
Most of the books and DVDs found nice new homes in crates and boxes, and the family pictures the girls gaze at and love to see with all our sweet faces were rearranged.
Glad I can finally check "do something with that bookcase in the living room" off my list!!
It was nice to finally tackle something I had wanted to get done for a while but didn't really require immediate attention- if you have one of those projects, you should go for it!!
HAVE A GOOD ONE!
No comments:
Post a Comment