Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Moving On... the sadness of it all.

Our dearest neighbors will be leaving us this week.  I have been in strait up denial about this whole situation for, well, ever since I have known about it.  I have been totally happy for them, the move makes sense- so much closer to work, so much more family time for them, more land, etc... but now I'm like, dude!  They can't be moving!!!  I mean this is the girl who will text me at say 8:30 or so in the am and say, bring your coffee and children over and come tell me what you know about sewing.  And we take our pajama-wearing selves over and play for a while.  Our girls get along beautifully, and we have become such good friends, AND running buddies!  Who the heck am I going to run with now??? urrgh.
 
Our neighborhood is great in that you can walk outside at around 5:00 and see all the Mammas and Daddies pulling up from work and dragging out cars, trucks, bikes, chalk, bubbles, dogs, you name it- and wag their little sweeties up and down the road until time for baths and bed.  Jenna and Brandon's house is kind of the hub where it all comes together.  I am really going to miss looking down the street and seeing all of the scattered toys-on-wheels and pigtailed girls.  It makes my heart sad.
 
As sad as I am, I'm so grateful that our paths have crossed- and don't you think for a minute that I'm not making plans to load my sleepy eyed girls up to take in a lovely Kentucky Horse Farm Morning on their back porch -often.  And yes, they are moving to a nice big farm where they will have room to run and play with all of the other happy animals, truly they are going to a better place ;).
 
So- they had a little gathering/love fest where we got the kiddos together and lit lovely lanterns and sent them up into the heavens (sent them up into the heavens was the goal, can't really check that one off as happening though).
 
Enjoy these cuties!
 
At the drive in!

Whether or not this was a safe idea was questionable.

Our first one made it up with a bit of help.


The second one, not so much.  Jenna had to call it a night after that one.  We seriously were dangerously close to burning down the tree.

The whole gang- such a fun time!

No comments:

Post a Comment