Ah.... Springtime at the beach!
We were so ready to have this vacation! As usual, we stopped in with family for a bit before we headed down to see our friend Carrie Beth and her boys (missing Lee this time). We had such a nice visit and then headed out in the rain- BEACH BOUND!!!
This was a real vacation, because we really just chilled out. Lots of nap taking, beach walks, fishing, morning runs, golf, and visiting with old friends. It was great. I really didn't work too hard on taking pictures because I just wanted to sit still. We took a "sister picture" every night before dinner and that was about it.
I am lucky enough to have those kinds of friends where we can just pick up where we left off even though we haven't seen each other or really talk-talked in a while. I got to catch up with Beverly, Jessica, Angela, Jan, and Cheramie while we were in Spanish Fort. It was so nice to see them! There are SO MANY things I miss about living near the coast. It is always bitter-sweet when we go. I am so grateful for our life/friends we have here. I wish we could have our cake and eat it too sometimes.
Loved our time in LA (Lower Alabama, for my Kentucky readers ;), excited for our next trip- hopefully sooner than later!
This is what I mean- lots of chillin'
No comments:
Post a Comment