Just a few days before Christmas, Clay called me from work and said, "Hey, we're doing Christmas presents tonight, ok?" If you know me, you know I am always happy to give and receive, so I agreed. I reminded/questioned him that we were going to Disney so I was just getting something simple, right? So, I hit the shopping center and pick him up a snazzy new outfit, underwear and all- lucky fellow, huh? I think I even threw in some of his favorite candy...who could ask for more?
Me, that's who.
Clay Morton had made arrangements with his wonderfully flexible parents to come up and keep the girls for us to take a short weekend to Asheville (widely known as one of our favorite getaways). I could not have been more surprised! There I sat with my favorite candy, new Christmas jammies, and he pulls this out of the bag! He's a good one ladies, a real keeper!
As always, we had a lovely time. We went to the movies (twice). Ate ridiculously good food. And took long walks while holding hands and talking. Yea. I know. We just ran up to the top of the hill at the Biltmore right before we left- you'd hate to go and not just look at it for a minute... Anyway, he's my favorite everything. I am so happy he's my best buddy. Cheers to many more getaways!
No comments:
Post a Comment