Wednesday, April 30, 2014

The Card We Didn't Send....good gravy

So, I don't know if the fact that I am posting all of these on one day, or the fact that my last blog post was in January has clued you in yet- but I am not ever so on top of things.  There's really no one reason for this, it just hasn't happened.  Other priorities, I guess. The blog is important though.  So I knew I had to catch up!!  I love that Tybee can remember certain stories I tell her based on the pictures I have taken that help her recall events in her life. 
 So here we are, this is it.  It's like December 18th at this point (the day we took the following pictures).  We've got one shot at getting this done and it had to happen THAT DAY.  I can't remember what was going on, but it had to be that day.  So we get all gussied up, we're color coordinating, we're smelling good.  I've got Clay's clothes laid out on the kitchen table ready for him to do a quick change, the camera is ready with the timer set, THIS IS HAPPENING. A funny thing happens in the evening, the sun goes down.  And buddy, it keeps dropping.  It's 5:30 and we've got no signs from Daddy Clay that he is heading home.  We're singing songs, we're playing ring around the rosie (minus the all fall down, because of the keeping clean and what not).  This is fun for a while, but then not so much.  MORAL IS IN DANGER.  So we take some test shots and look at ourselves...




FINALLY!  The Daddy is home and we can get busy!  By this point, it's for real getting pretty much too dark so I know I am going to have to do tricks to the pictures to make us show up, which seems to have erased our eyes somehow... clearly I don't know how to edit.

Trying to keep Hank and Tag in the picture is a mess, literally.  We put peanut butter on spoons and stabbed them into the ground seconds before I pushed the button....explaining why I look like The Flash in the above picture.

This is the best we could do.  By this point, moral is at an all time low, those smiles are totally fake (excluding Tybee- she's super happy and we don't know why because it was WORK people).

So why didn't you get this card?  Well, friend if you did get it, that was because I handed it to you (probably after Christmas).  I learned something this year, well I learned a lot of things: 
1.) It is probably time to start hiring a photographer if we want the whole family happy and in the picture
2.)When snapfish says 2 day shipping, that means after processing...which takes a good 7 days.
3.)  It takes a good 7 days because there are a whole lot of procrastinators in the beautiful world we live in.

So just know friends, we meant to be merry and spread Christmas cheer in your mailbox, we did.  We will plan better next year!  

MERRY CHRISTMAS,
The Mortons

No comments:

Post a Comment