Saturday, January 3, 2015

First Trimester

 12 weeks

The first trimester with twins has been just fine.  The biggest difference I can tell from my pregnancies with the girls is how quickly I am showing and growing.  It is a little wild.  I am ravenously hungry at about 9:30am no matter what I've had for breakfast.  There was one week that Clay had cooked chili and I ate it way too early in the morning a couple of days in a row because it was absolutely all I could think about.  I have had to work very hard to drink as much water as I should, but am really doing a good job.  Coffee wasn't too hard of an adjustment to stop because I had been drinking less and less each day before I even knew I was pregnant (I've ridden this pony before- quitting coffee cold turkey is for the birds).  I have had many more bad headaches toward the end of the first trimester, which is on par with how I usually am when pregnant.  Sugar (too much of it) throws me for a loop and I am usually down for the count if I over-do it.  Altogether though, I am doing well.  I CAN NOT WAIT to feel them kick and to know what they are!  My absolute favorite thing about being pregnant is feeling the baby's little movements all day.  I can't even imagine what it will be like with TWO!  That is one thing I always miss for a couple of weeks after they are born.  We are working on names that we like, but not stressing too much about what they will be- as that is like 8 names to have picked out ready to go, but we are thinking about them.  I feel like this part of the pregnancy is always the slowest while you are waiting on everything to start happening, but I am doing my best to enjoy these moments as they come.  We feel blessed and grateful every day that God is allowing us to be responsible for two more wonderful miracles.  Multiple daily prayers are sent up for these two little ones for a safe, healthy, and full term pregnancy.  We would love for anyone who will join us in praying for us all to please do so!  We are looking forward to the weeks ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment