Tybee was a very big part of the planning of her party this year. It made it that much more fun. Y'all know I love a party, and knowing just what she wanted it to be made it that much more enjoyable. Tybee has had a birthday vision, we'll call it, the past couple of years. Last year, she wanted everyone to hide behind the couch and yell, "surprise" when we walked in, which we did- and she was super happy. Not knowing many of the kids/parents that well in her class, I was really pulling for an off-site party this year, but the birthday girl had her ideas already. She was to stand behind her cake at her table as her friends sang happy birthday to her in her Elsa dress. And well, that is just what we did. Some of you may have been bombarded by our many pins to our frozen birthday board on Pinterest, most all which were pinned by the birthday girl herself. She cracked us up when she asked be when the items she had ordered would ship. We may work a little harder this next year on the value of money... Anyway, girlfriend was a big part of the party planning.
I had no part in the cake preparation at all. She and her NaNee sat down at the computer and Tybee showed her just what she wanted. All I was told to do was provide the Elsa on top. It looked GREAT! Mom just keeps getting better and better and the five-year-old was overjoyed!
Because you need a good activity to entertain 10 or more 4-5 year olds, and Tybee's birthday is rather close to Christmas, we decided cookie decorating was just right for this Frozen extravaganza! We picked out lots of cool sprinkles and goodies to deck out our princess/holiday cookies. Tybee even helped me mix, roll, and cut out the cookies!
Tybee also bejeweled her big number 5 (pinterest inspired, of course)
The cookies, frosting, and goodies went over well- the girls all seemed to have a great time!
We had some sweet guests too :) This little one curled up next to my Uncle Danny and asked him to read to her (this was their first meeting-we were all so tickled at her).
When it came time for the birthday song all the little ladies gathered around (just like we had invisioned) but before we started "Happy Birthday" we found it appropriate to sing "Let It Go". I can honestly say I do not think I have ever seen Tybee so overwhelmed with happiness! She could not contain her laughter- it was just awesome. She had everyone in a great mood! I was so happy to see her so happy- and so glad we did the party her way!
It is still hard to believe that my first baby came 5 YEARS AGO! She is such a light in our lives and brings us so much happiness. She is the most thoughtful and caring girl and a real thinker. And I don't know if you will find a better big sister out there, she LOVES her sister and the feeling is mutual. They are best buddies and she is a big help to me when I really need her. I love the little person that she is becoming and the time we spend together is absolutely a pleasure. I love how passionately and fully she loves and how sure she is of what she likes and wants. Her 5th year will be full of changes and probably challenges, but I know full well that she will take it all on so beautifully. Happy Birthday to our big girl, we couldn't love you more!
No comments:
Post a Comment