So far, I feel like the girls are adjusting quite well to our new life. We get to see so much more of Grandparents and other family. My sister-in-law can even do my hair now! We are learning a lot more about the area, and slowly but surely finding more places that we like to go/eat/etc. I think the biggest change for us this time around is food. Coming from Lexington where most anything you could want was just a few minutes drive away (we were frequently in the take-out spots at Harry's and Saul Good) to here where you are talking a good 15-20 minutes to make something happen... then you have to drive back home. So, needless to say, Mamma cooks a lot more. Those of you who know us well know that Clay is the (much) better cook of the two of us, and bonus- he likes to cook. I've said it before and I'll say it again, cooking for me is like writing left handed, it is just not natural and it's a bit uncomfortable....I feel so rushed! I much more enjoy one-dish meals where there is prep, bake, serve, eat, clean it up. I don't do well with like 45 things going on at one time and they are all hot. I have gained a new big helper in the process though. I can't pull anything out of the fridge with out Amelia asking if she can help me bake! That actually makes it a lot better. Although, we did have an incident with a potato peeler that left my pinky finger in a bad way for a while... It has surely been a change for the way I shop for groceries and plan meals as well. We are getting there, though. I couldn't ask for more than the girls be happy in our new life and right now all is well! Hopefully, we find more things about our new home to fall in love with like we did with Lexington. In the meantime, I'll be here working on my culinary skills...
No comments:
Post a Comment