Thursday, January 22, 2015

The Twin Tummy

I haven't posted any belly pictures so far other other than the very first.  I loved this silhouette idea the moment I saw it from another friend.  She did the best job making such lovely photos to document her "bump".  I always looked forward to seeing hers, so now here is my try at it...
 5 weeks


 12 weeks


 20 weeks


 21 weeks


 22 weeks


24 weeks
(this week)

I am quite the procrastinator, and that does not bode well when taking photos to represent a precise moment in time.  I am doing much better these past few weeks than I did at the beginning at least! 

I am feeling very pregnant lately, the days of picking up the things that I drop are ending soon.  My discomfort and overall awkwardness is however a constant reminder of the two beautiful little lives growing inside, which eases the frustration of not being able to do the things I want to quickly (or at all).  I have taken my doctor's advice and have been resting much more, as well as leaving most of the housework to my sweet and understanding, Clay.  But please, don't drop in on us... we will need a good hour to clear the dishes and laundry prior to your arrival.  I think we are learning a lot right now about what it really means to not sweat the small stuff.  It has been a big adjustment for me to hand most of the household tasks over to Clay (and the girls) but we are making it- I think we certainly appreciate each other more!

I have started getting the nursery ready- really more like I have a plan now of what I want it to look like in the end... but we are getting there.  Lots of going through clothes, selling things that don't have a buddy outfit  to make room for things that match!  I won't match the twins all of the time or forever, but I am excited to snag a few matching things to indulge in their inevitable cuteness in the first few years.  There is still lots to do though, cribs to put together, walls to paint, curtains to hang, and clothes to wash!  Tybee and Amelia have been working on some art for the room with water colors, and Daddy Clay has a couple of his traditional name signs to make.  I am excited to have it all put together and ready for them!

I decided to go ahead and start having diapers and wipes shipped so that we can stockpile a bit before they arrive.  Some of the most consistent advise I have read about having twins is that you are going to be glad that you stocked up on plenty of the essentials when they arrive! We got in our first box of newborn diapers yesterday and I couldn't tear it open fast enough to remind myself of jut how tiny they will be!  It has been a WHILE since we had a newborn to keep us company!  To think about how quickly that box of diapers will disappear in a few months is overwhelming for so many reasons!

   There is so much to look forward to.  I get antsy for time to pass and for them to arrive, while needing time to slow down so that we are ready!  I very much look forward to having them safe in our arms and navigating this wild next few years.  I'm also so grateful for my big girls' patience with me and the babies and impressed by how empathetic they have been with the whole situation.  They are team players and know that their help for me is also help for their sisters.  It is a beautiful thing, it's not always perfect-but the love and good intentions are there.  I'm ever so grateful for the big family we are becoming and the good plans God has in store for us and our lovely girls.  

Keep the prayers coming for a full term delivery, and that the girls will continue to receive the nourishment they need while sharing a placenta.  We are so thankful for the smooth ride so far! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aw.. you are so cute Natalie. Prayers that you make term and have an uneventful delivery. xoxo

Post a Comment