We had been looking forward to our Kentucky crowd coming for quite a while! In fact, I think we set the date long before our house even sold. All of the Daddies had big golf plans, and all the Mommies and buddies held down the fort for the weekend. The first thing we couldn't wait to do was to tell them the news we had gotten earlier that day- WE ARE EXPECTING...TWINS!!! It was good timing, I was surely happy to have them there as it all sank in for me that day... and Clay probably needed that golf trip right then too! We had a fun weekend letting the kiddos catch up and exploring our new city a bit. I was still such a newby I didn't really know all the good spots to take everyone yet, but we made do with lots of playtime and some s'mores around the bonfire. I wish we could have them here all of the time! We really miss their company more than anything else! It has been hard (understatement) to leave such a wonderful group of friends that had such a presence in our daily lives. We certainly look forward to many more visits from this crew and all of the rest who we miss so much!
No comments:
Post a Comment