Friday, August 17, 2012

Amelia is ONE!

Amelia got to celebrate her birthday with most of her family and some good friends this past weekend.  The party was great and all of the sweetie pies had lots of fun.  I will post pictures of that later.  Amelia's actual birthday was yesterday, and we had fun ALL DAY LONG.
 We woke up and got packed and headed to the pool after Miss Amelia's morning nap.  I didn't get any pictures at the pool, but here she is in her birthday girl bathing suit.
She is having a lot more fun outside now that she is walking better.  She likes to go knock on the door at "Tybee's house" and waits for Tybee to say, "come in!"  I am excited for all of the imaginary things they will come up with together.
So, as you will see when I post the birthday party pictures- Amelia didn't really get "into" her birthday cake.  It was disappointing.  I really thought she would go for it...not so much.  I thought she might like this one better- a little semi-homemade, but still good.  Angel food cake with cool-whip/sour cream frosting.
After we tried to eat outside, but almost got carried away by flies, we moved inside to finish eating all of Amelia's favorites.  We had corn, sweet potatoes, rice, chicken, and tortillas.
Then, it was time to sing to the birthday girl!!!
I am sad that I didn't get the camera from Daddy Clay and get some Millie/Daddy pictures, but hopefully there will be more with Daddy at the birthday party.
She wanted to touch the candle.
Sweet, sweet birthday girl wearing her sweet potatoes.
She liked this cake a little better.



Amelia had a happy day!
We are so thankful and blessed to have her in our lives, I couldn't imagine our family without her!  We all love her very much and have had a better year because she was here to spend it with us. 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MILLIE MOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment