Thursday, May 17, 2012

Amelia is 9 Months Old!

Where has this 9 months gone???
Wherever it went, it got there quick!
Amelia is a squirt.  26 3/4 inches tall and 15lb. 7oz.  I am pretty sure that she is taking after her Mommy more than her big sister (and Auntie Katie).  Tybee was always low in the weight category, but very tall.  Amelia loves to eat, though!  She is learning to feed herself and doing very well.  She loves frozen bagels, mostly because she is teething and they feel good on her teeth.  I think that she likes to hold her food like her sister.  She is still having to get used to actually having to move the food around in her mouth and not just swallow it.  She is crawling very well now and that means I have become much more fanatic about my floors!  She finds anything I miss- it stresses me out!  I had forgotten how traumatic it is to not know what in the world is in your baby's mouth!  It seems like the exact moment I look away or take Tybee to the potty is when it happens.  I think that is why I was so ready for Tybee to walk!  We are very busy people at this house, but it is fun.  I really like that Tybee and Amelia are able to "play" together now.  Tybee is still working on learning what her authority actually is with Amelia.  For example, telling her to crawl and pushing her into crawl position is not the same as, "come play with me" or "leave my toy alone".  It is very interesting to watch.  I think they are going to be really good friends.  Tybee really worries about her.  She came apart at the doctor's office yesterday when Millie got upset.  She does not like for her sister to cry!  It was completely ridiculous how upset she got, but at the same time I think that it is nice that she is empathetic.  I just cannot believe that my little tiny baby is going to be a year old in three months!!!  Here are the sister pictures of the month!




No comments:

Post a Comment