Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Big Bone Lick State Park (...I know)

Our next adventure brought us to Big Bone Lick State Park. Some people do not believe that there is such a place, but I assure you there is. We are having lots of fun finding new neat places to explore! Have a looksee at our latest excursion...
Told you! Isn't that the weirdest name ever? There is lots of stuff up here with lick in its name. I don't yet understand why, but when I do, I will tell you.
I can, however, explain the Big Bone part. This particular state park is the site where many mastodon, sloth, and other prehistoric bones were found.

Big Bison, Baby Bison

Lots of Bison

Tybee and Bison


None of the trees were green on the bottom, just on top.

This was a scene showing what happened to the animals whose bones were found here. I cut the vulture scene out at the bottom, it was gross.

This was on our way home... We thought the cows were cool, it looked like they were wearing a belly band.

Daddy pushing Tybee up the trail, it was a bumpy ride!








No comments:

Post a Comment