"Don't make me take my shades off"
Tybee WOULD NOT look at the camera
This was truely the best one of them, Tybee just wanted Mom's necklace.
My dear brother Landon has been trying to round up a backpacking trip since before I had Tybee and FINALLY the boys headed to the Smokies. They ended up going to Hazel Creek and hiking to Fontana Dam, for those of you who know the area. Tybee is not quite ready for the great outdoors overnight, so we stayed home. I will note that I was a little sad I didn't get to go. I invited my dearest Madre, also known as NaNa to come up to keep us company and to do some shopping and exploring.
We kicked it off by going to Keeneland to have breakfast and watch the horses in training. We got to see lots of horses and trainers-but no breakfast. I think they only do that during the racing season. It was absoulutely glorious that day and we had a really cool experience.
The rest of the time we did lots of shopping. We also enjoyed eating the home-grown veggies Mom brought as well as the homemade blackberry jelly she made. It was GOOD! Mom and Dad have had a really good garden so far this year. I hope we can have one next year, I think Tybee would enjoy it.
The boys (Clay, David, Dad, and Landon) got back safely. Dad and David accused us of trying to knock them off for an early inheretance;) I think the trail was a little harder than Clay and I had remembered. Sorry 'bout that! I think they had fun when they weren't hiking though...all I have really heard is that it was hot and a hard trail.

No comments:
Post a Comment