Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Heartfelt Gifts & Shower Decor

I am a big fan of gifts from the heart- or at least gifts with a story or meaning.  I had been trying to think of something thoughtful to give Lee and Rachel and I started thinking about the things that I like and would want. 
 
I decided to make them a wreath for their house.  I have to admit, it turned out a little more girlie than I had intended- but once I got started I just felt like it needed those pink flowers...don't you agree??? 

I also made this for like a doorknob hanger- Pinterest inspired, of course...

Rachel's sister, Johnna and I threw Rachel a "panty party" as Tybee liked to call it.  I found this idea on Pinterest and it turned out too cute for me not to take a before/after picture.  I just hot glued the roses on the styrofoam cones and vwala!  I made the flowers out of streamers- SUPER EASY and CHEAP!  I will post the finished product on the panty party post.

Tybee really liked to help out and give her opinion on all of the decorations.

Paper is my new best friend for cheap decorating ideas.  I am looking for creative ways to store things now, though.  Right now, I have my paper decorations shopping bags on hangers in my spare closet- I just don't want to take up too much room, but it is hard to store paper without smashing ;(  Let me know if you have any helpful hints!


No comments:

Post a Comment